Join me

Mia's Musings about Feng Shui, design, and life in general

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Special sort of Space

I have recently returned to my meditation practice after about a year long hiatus. I was diligent for nearly 18 months in making sure that I 'sat' every day. After setting up a special corner, a sort of 'sacred space' for myself I have come again to the silence. It is easier, I think, to meditate when we have a space to call our own. A sort of self imposed 'time out' place that we can go to when we need to know ourselves.

A corner, room or spot which is set up just for the purpose of reflection, meditation or prayer draws us in and calls us to practice. It waits patiently for us to take up the offer and just be, if only for a few minutes. It also will not judge us when we are unable.

While it can be hard to carve out a little niche for something which can seem self indulgent, it really makes a big difference to the consistency of our daily sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment