Join me

Mia's Musings about Feng Shui, design, and life in general

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Advent of Yin Day 11: Low

Low is another yin word with a somewhat depressed (excuse the pun) reputation. But how could we look at low in a different light? Low is definitely something we want our cholesterol levels to be, and our blood pressure. Low light is always more flattering. Low energy is a signal to us that we need to rest and without it we sometimes crash unexpectedly (note to self...).

The most intriguing question to me though as I am writing this is whether there might be an advantage to low as a place of reference, a place to look at things from. Those of us on a spiritual path are often thinking about seeing something from a higher place, taking the higher road, or striving for a higher plane. I wonder though, if we spend too much of our time up there, what might we be missing down here?

When I was a little girl, one of my favorite parts about Christmas was to wait until the tree was all lit and decorated and then to lie underneath the tree and look up into it. From that vantage point, it took on a whole different magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment