Join me

Mia's Musings about Feng Shui, design, and life in general

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Advent of Yin Day 15: fear

By Jimee, Jackie, Tom & Asha
Sometimes when I am frightened it is evident to myself and to others. When scared or startled my heart pounds, my breathing rate increases and I might even scream. But often fear is a more yin emotion. It is farther from the surface, and closer to the truth behind my actions, than I might care to admit.

Fear of failure, or sometimes success, is often hidden way down deep when I chose not to follow an action which I think is probably in my best interests. Fear of rejection lurks below my radar when I say something defensive to someone I love. Fear of the unknown keeps me from pursuing a particular fork in the road. That sneaky yin word can get in the way of a lot of great potential.

However, the gift of all of the more 'negative' yin words lies in their opportunity, once discovered, for incredible growth. Maybe that will be my New Year's intention this year. To lovingly look into the actions that I am least proud of and see if underneath them I might uncover a little fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment